2.18.2009

Screamapillar

I know I am supposedly an adult now, but yes, I still watch cartoons. One of my favorites is The Simpsons. In one episode from several seasons ago, Homer builds a koi pond in the backyard which attracts an endangered species known as the Screamapillar. It is a caterpillar that screams constantly day and night. The Simpsons try to do everything that they can to stop the screaming, but to no avail. They can't move it because anywhere it decides to live is deemed a protected habitat.






Lately I feel I have my own little Screamapillar at my house. Yes, his name is Rocco. I am hoping that it is merely a stage. He used to never cry. Maybe he has discovered his voice, but whatever the reason, he likes to scream. Sometimes it is an impassioned scream and sometimes it is emotionless. He just likes to scream. He only stops when I try to videotape him screaming, and then when I put the camera away, he starts screaming again.


This is essentially what you would see if I were able to document the screaming. I am thinking of constantly videotaping him so he won't scream anymore. Aaaaaahhh!

No comments: